2019 Coastal Bend Guides Association
Saltwater Sweeties Annual Ladies Fishing Tournament
Follow, Like & Share
us On Social Media
2019 Saltwater Sweeties Rules
Guided, Non-Guided & Artificial Divisions
BY REGISTERING FOR THIS TOURNAMENT YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS:
Rules & Regulations
July 26th & 27th 2019
Aransas Pass Civic Center
If unable to fish our tournament, you can still help us raise money:
Tell Everyone you know about our largest fundraiser fishing tournament!
Help Make this Year the Best Ever - Make a Donation now!!
Click the file Picture above & print our flyer out.
2019 Saltwater Sweeties Rules
Guided, Non-Guided & Artificial Divisions
BY REGISTERING FOR THIS TOURNAMENT, YOU AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS:
1. RULE NUMBER ONE: You must have fun! Please remember this is a fundraiser event and
meant to provide a good time for all, while creating great memories with family, friends old and new while raising money for a great cause and organization. With that said, we have to have a few rules; and they are as follows:
2 RULE NUMBER TWO: It is understood that all participants and occupants of their boats registering for the Coastal Bend Guides Association Saltwater Sweeties Annual Ladies Fishing Tournament do so voluntarily and at their own risk. Each registered participant agrees to release and hold harmless tournament officials, sponsors, and all others connected directly or indirectly with the said tournament from any liability, libel, slander, loss, damage, negligence, injury, harm, or death suffered by any participant during the tournament.
3. RULE NUMBER THREE: CBGA holds the right to take photos of all the tournament activities, the weigh-in and the winning team and/or /individuals. As a registered tournament participant, it is understood that you give permission to the CBGA and Saltwater Sweeties Annual Ladies Fishing Tournament® entity to use tournament photos whether printed or digitally reproduced, for future publicity, press releases, brochures and flyers, website content and promotions, advertising pieces and marketing campaigns as well as usage on our Saltwater Sweeties dedicated Facebook pages.
Should the hold-harmless statement or the photograph permission release pose a problem, contact:
Tournament Director CBGA Committee or Hiedi Duplechian via e-mail at email@example.com OR call 361-463-2550 / 361-205-7881.
4. ENTRY FEES: An Entry Fee of $100 per person is required. A team can consist of up to (4) Ladies. If registration is received after the deadline of July 17, 2019, the entry fee is $110 per angler. Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and there are NO EXCEPTIONS. Late registrants are not guaranteed a goody bag.
5. REGISTRATION AND CAPTAINS’ MEETING: The first 250 ladies registered are guaranteed to receive goody bags and meal at the captains’ meeting. The Captains’ Meeting will be held on July 26th, 2019 at *Cove Harbor Marina and Drystack, Rockport Texas, and registration will be from 5:00 PM until 8:00 PM followed by the Captains’ Meeting at 8:00 PM. It is extremely important that each team attend the Captains’ Meeting in order to obtain your weigh in slip. No team will be allowed to weigh in without their assigned weigh slip.
6. FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS: All contestants are expected to obey all applicable federal, state and local regulations and laws. Violation of such rules may result in your disqualification from the tournament. You must have a valid fishing license with a saltwater stamp. If fishing with a guide, they must be USCG and TPWD licensed. Hey, Game Wardens are doing our weigh in so……… (hint: they write tickets)
7. SAFETY: We can’t make you be safe, but safe boating should be observed at all times. Please wear a life jacket. Tournament day may be shortened or rescheduled due to unsafe weather or water conditions. The decision to shorten or to cancel will be left totally to the discretion of the Tournament Director. Short of a hurricane, we are going fishing.
8. PERMITTED FISHING TIME: Tournament day fishing times. Official time to commence fishing will be announced at the Captains’ meeting. Fishing may not commence any earlier than ½ hour before sunrise. When to quit fishing is up to you, but make sure you can make it to the weigh in line in time.
9. PERMITTED FISHING LOCATIONS: Contestants may fish anywhere on “tournament waters” accessible to the public by boat, except areas designated as “off limits” or “no fishing” by private ownership or local, state and federal officials. Contestants may not fish within 100 yards of the Port Aransas Ferry Landings.
Tournament Waters are defined as: All waterways, bays, lakes, rivers, bayous, canals, ditches, marshes, tidal flats or their tributaries inland of the COLREGS demarcation line. In other words, no fishing past the end of the jetties or in the Gulf of Mexico (that means the beachfront is also out). Otherwise, there is no north, south or west boundary. If you still don’t understand, please ask at the captains’ meeting.
PERMITTED FISHING METHODS: All fish must be caught by means of rod and reel. Live, dead or artificial bait may be used in Guided and Non-Guided Divisions. Only artificial lures may be used in the artificial only category. You must catch your own fish! Someone may cast for you, but that’s it! That means you must hook it, fight it and reel it in all by yourself. (Someone may net it for you) Fishing must be performed by means of boat, kayak or wade fishing. No fishing from piers, shore or jetties is permitted.
Important: A maximum of One (1) Male (xy chromosome) may be onboard the boat.
10. WEIGH IN: A MEMBER OF THE TEAM MUST BE IN LINE WITH ALL FISH TO BE WEIGHED IN BY THE CUT-OFF TIME OF 3:00 PM. A line monitor (in a funky looking hat) appointed by the tournament director will determine the last eligible team in line. Please, only bring fish to be weighed in to the line to reduce congestion and crowding. No fish will be allowed to be weighed in prior to 12:00 PM (NOON)
11. YOUR TEAMS STRINGER WILL COSIST OF 2 LEGAL 20IN. - 28IN. SLOT REDFISH AND 2
LEGAL SPECKLED TROUT 15IN.-25IN. Note: tail fin can touch line but can not go over the line & we will be using the hands off weigh board, same as we used in 2016.
NOTE: Live fish will have head of the line privileges and will be escorted forward.
12. LIVE FISH: Each live fish weigh in will receive a 0.5 lb bonus added to its weight. Live fish have head of the line privileges.
Heaviest Stringer - Ties the teams that tied will put prizes together from the 2 spots that where tied (ex. 1st and 2nd place teams have same weight. We take prizes for both spots combine and evenly split between the 2 teams)
Heaviest Fish Categories -Ties the teams that tied will put prizes together from the 2 spots that where tied (ex. 1st and 2nd place teams have same weight. We take prizes for both spots 1st and 2nd combine and evenly split between the 2 teams)
POLYGRAPH: CBGA reserves the right to polygraph test. Everybody says this now, but really, we do reserve the right.
PROTEST AND REPORTING PROCEDURE: All protests must be made, along with a $100 cash deposit, within fifteen (15) minutes of the last weigh in to the tournament director or designated tournament official.
TROPHY CATEGORIES: There will be Three (4) Categories
14. Guided and Non-Guided Any Bait and (*NEW) Artificial Non-Guided and Artificial Guided NO BAIT OF ANY KIND ALLOWED.
(*NEW) There is now a distinction between Guided and Non-Guided for the Artificial division!!
Trophies will be awarded for:
Guided - Heaviest Stringer – 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place Teams Guided - Heaviest Redfish – 1st Place Individual
Guided - Heaviest Trout – 1st Place Individual
Non-Guided - Heaviest Stringer – 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place Teams Non-Guided - Heaviest Redfish – 1st Place Individual
Non-Guided - Heaviest Trout – 1st Place Individual
*NEW THIS YEAR PLEASE TAKE NOT ON THE ARTIFICIAL DIVISION SEPARATION!
Non-Guided Artificial - Heaviest Stringer – 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place Non-Guided Artificial- Heaviest Redfish – 1st Place Individual Non-Guided Artificial- Heaviest Trout – 1st Place Individual
Guided Artificial- Heaviest Stringer – 1st, 2nd and 3rd Place Guided Artificial- Heaviest Redfish – 1st Place Individual Guided Artificial- Heaviest Trout – 1st Place Individual
15. CASH POT CATEGORIES: 70% Pay Out the Following Cash Pots will pay a 70/30 split.
Non-Guided Artificial-Heaviest Stringer
Non-Guided Heaviest RED
Guided Artificial-Heaviest RED
Guided Artificial-Heaviest TROUT
Guided- Most Spots
Non-guided-Most Spots Guided Artificial-Most Spots
Non-Guided Artificial-Most Spots
16. DEFINITIONS: (for ALL CATEGORIES)
Redfish, Red Drum, Channel Bass or Spot Tail - must be at least 20” and not exceed 28”
Trout, Speckled Sea Trout, Spotted Sea Trout or Snaggletooth freckle fish - must be at least 15” and not exceed 25”
Stringer – May contain up to (2) Redfish and (2) Trout for a maximum of (4) Fish
Clarification – You may use your individual fish towards your Stringer and vice versa
Artificial Divisions – These divisions may only use artificial lures to catch their fish. No Bait of any kind can be used during the tournament day.
*This division now has a distinction between Guided and No-Guided.
Interpretation of these rules will be left exclusively to the Tournament Director and Tournament Committee.
For More Information Contact Tournament Director Heidie via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org OR call: 361-205-7881 Thank you!